Latest update on the service of EAA Office
In order to further reduce the risk of the spread of novel coronavirus in the community, the Estate Agents Authority (“EAA”) has implemented a special staffing arrangement, involving some staff working from home. Therefore, the EAA office will only provide limited services with the below special arrangement until 13 March 2020 and will be further adjusted depending on the development of the epidemic:
1. Licence applicants are advised to submit their applications by post.
2. The EAA office will only handle licence applications or collection with prior appointment during normal office hours. Licence applicants or licensees must make their appointment through the EAA online booking system and then come to EAA office at the booked timeslots in time.
3. The EAA office will only accept cheque or EPS for licence fee payment. Cash would not be accepted.
4.The EAA’s services may be affected during this period. Priority will be given to licence applications and the time required for handling other tasks (e.g. printing of licences and production of estate agent cards) may thus be longer. For special cases, please contact the Licensing Section through the EAA Hotline 2111 2777 (press 2, 2 after selecting language) in advance.
5. Other enquiries or complaints against estate agents will only be handled through email or by phone.
6. The EAA encourages licensees to submit licence renewal applications through e-services on the EAA website.
The EAA will continue to keep a close watch on the development of the situation and will announce to the public timely if there is any further change to its services.
21 February 2020