Latest update on the service of EAA Office
To further reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19 in the community, the office of the Estate Agents Authority (“EAA”) implements immediately the below special arrangement until further notice, which may be further adjusted depending on the development of the pandemic:
1. Licensees / ex-licensees are strongly advised to submit their licence applications through e-Services on the EAA website. Licence applicants who cannot use the EAA’s e-Services are advised to submit their applications by post. However, please note that application by post might be delayed due to the special service arrangement of the Post Office.
2. During normal office hours, the EAA office will be opened to the public only for handling licence applications or collection that reservation for an appointment has been made. Licence applicants or licensees/ex-licensees have to make their appointment through the EAA online booking system and arrive at the EAA office at the booked timeslots in time. The EAA office will temporarily not provide service to those without prior booking.
3. The EAA office will only accept cheque or EPS for licence fee payment. Cash will not be accepted.
4. The EAA’s Licensing Section will accord priority temporarily to licence applications and the time required for handling other licensing tasks (e.g. printing of licences and production of estate agent cards) may thus be longer. For special cases, please contact the Licensing Section through the EAA Hotline 2111 2777 (press 2, 2 after selecting language) in advance.
5. Other enquiries or complaints against estate agents have to be made through email or by phone.
6. Visitors/Licensees entering the EAA office are required to wear mask and may have to undergo body temperature check. Failing which, the EAA has the right to refuse to provide assistance on the spot, and only handle their requests submitted in written form.
The EAA will continue to keep a close watch on the development of the situation and will announce to the public timely if there is any further change to its services.
20 July 2020