Latest update on the service of EAA Office
The service of the office of the Estate Agents Authority (“EAA”) is gradually resuming normal. However, to continue to reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19 in the community, the office of the EAA will continue to implement the below special arrangement until further notice and will be further adjusted depending on the development of the pandemic:
1. Licence applicants are advised to submit their applications by post.
2. Licence applicants or licensees are advised to make their appointment through the EAA online booking system and then come to EAA office at the booked timeslots in time. Those without prior booking may need to queue up patiently while waiting for the services required.
3. Licensees are advised to submit licence renewal applications through e-Services on the EAA website.
4. The EAA office will only accept cheque or EPS for licence fee payment. Cash will not be accepted.
5. The EAA’s Licensing Section will accord priority temporarily to licence applications and the time required for handling other licensing tasks (e.g. printing of licences and production of estate agent cards) may thus be longer. For special cases, please contact the Licensing Section through the EAA Hotline 2111 2777 (press 2, 2 after selecting language) in advance.
6. Other enquiries or complaints against estate agents are advised to be made through email or by phone.
7. Visitors/Licensees entering the EAA office are required to wear mask and may have to undergo body temperature check. Otherwise, the EAA has the right to refuse to provide assistance on the spot, but only handle their requests submitted in written form.
The EAA will continue to keep a close watch on the development of the situation and will announce to the public timely if there is any further change to its services.
29 April 2020