Re: Transaction of land involving unauthorized development

Estate Agents Authority (“EAA”) received a letter from the Planning Department regarding the transaction of land involving unauthorized development in rural area.

The Planning Department enforces against unauthorized development under the Town Planning Ordinance, which includes change of land use and operation without permission.

Licensees are reminded to advise their clients to check and ensure the use of the land or operation is permitted under relevant statutory plan or requires planning permission from the Town Planning Board before making a decision on purchasing or renting land in the rural New Territories. Licensees may read the related pamphlet by clicking here for details and contact the Planning Department (hotline: 2231 5000 or email: enquire@pland.gov.hk) for any queries.


Upcoming schedule of CPD and Examinations

Learn More

Useful quick links for Licensees

Learn More

FAQ and useful information for consumers

Learn More

Useful information before becoming an estate agent

Learn More